I am specialized in portrait senior, and family photography, but I also do boudoir and professional portraits. I pride myself in going above and beyond to produce beautiful retouched portrait photographs, and making sure that the photo session is an experience that you will enjoy.
I take my time getting to know everyone, shooting the session and editing each and every picture individually. I have no limits on clothes changes, use 1 or 2 locations if necessary, and make sure specific wishes of my clients are met. I deliver a high quality product on which I spend many hours on perfecting and retouching and am proud to have my name attached to.
I love editing in Photoshop and I offer clients the opportunity to select and edit their photos right along with me if they prefer. Sit right next to me and help me select and point out what to edit. I will show you what I can do with your photo.
I love my career and I really love getting to know and capturing different people and personalities. It doesn’t hurt that we live in such a beautiful state, with the best locations and light.
I have found what I was meant to do my whole life. I can’t wait to meet all of you and to take your pictures.
- I was born in Suriname (South America), moved to Amsterdam (The Netherlands) when I was 17, and to Denver in 2010.
- I have three nationalities.
- I am married to an American from New Jersey. I met him in Amsterdam.
- I have a master’s degree in European Politics – which is not very useful in the US :D
- I home school my kids and both my boys assist me during every shoot in the summer season.
- I was a graphic designer before I was a photographer.
- I love photography because it’s not only a creative job, but I get to meet a lot of people and make them feel good about themselves.
- I never want to leave Colorado. I think it’s the best place in the whole world to live.
- Won Best of Children Photography Group Award twice for Inspire- Digital or Not Fine Art Photography Magazine.
- Designed several book covers for authors like Chef Nanda Peixoto and Suzy Cohen RPh
- Designed over 500 websites for various clients in Europe, including Staples, Reckitt Benckiser, and Schiphol Travel.
- Featured on 500px – with over 88,000 views
- Over 5000 likes on my facebook page
- Started another company selling cards and magnets in 2016 www.coloradobears.com
Melissa Shanley you are amazing! Coming from a fellow photographer who is very picky, I absolutely loved working with her during the whole process. She is kind, patient & talented! She listens to your ideas and respects your opinion. I cannot recommend her enough! Thank you so much Melissa!!!
I highly recommend Melissa Shanley Photography! Melissa is so easy and fun to work with and her photography skills are amazing. Added bonus was how quickly she turned our photos around. Love her!!!
What a treat to come home and already see some pictures. I feel like it’s Christmas. The photos look amazing! I love the shots in the meadow with the dark sky. I’m so excited to see the rest. I want to tell you thanks again for all your time and effort today. Alex and I were so pleased with all that you did and taking the time to find those perfect shots. We’re so happy we went with you. I’ll be sure to like your Facebook page, as well as spread the word any way I can. Thanks again for a wonderful afternoon.
The pictures more than exceed my expectations, they are stunning, stunning, stunning !! Thank you so much for capturing such a monumental time in her life for us.
Thank you so much for all of the beautiful pictures! From start to finish you are such a pleasure to work with! You respond to all of my messages and requests quickly, have wonderful locations to choose from, make us look our very best and have the pictures done within a few days. Amazing! I will be recommending you to everyone I know!
We had the best day with you and your son. Thank you for making Makenzie’s senior photo experience one we will always remember. These unplanned horse photos are beautiful; you are so talented with lighting and catching Makenzies’s personality in a photo
Thank you for taking so much time with us, and no worries we understand there are a lot of pics to go through. Thanks again for a wonderful day!
What a beautiful surprise and gift – the metal print is breathtaking. It is so special. Thank you for making us feel like we are loved. You put the most precious touches on everything you do, and I hope you know that you mean much more to us than just our family photographer. I feel so blessed to know you and your family. Biggest of hugs for all that you do and the special person that you have always been.
Thank you so much for sending your beautiful holiday card and our family portrait magnet! Incredible thoughtful and generous. We love it! I also never thanked you for the package of post session goodies (wooden flash drive, collage booklets, etc.) Your generosity won’t be forgotten come family portrait time again next year. Also, thank you again for capturing such gorgeous photos of our family and being so patient. Not an easy task with an active toddler!